Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Review: Saladelia

I'm back!

Sincerest apologies to all my fans who have most likely been having withdrawals from this coffee turned caffeine-free coffee turned tea turned really-any-drink-in-general blog. I can visualize you all now... shut-ins in your apartments with no idea where to go or what to drink, lost without my guidance and words of wisdom, turning to K-cups, instant brews, and - god forbid- Starbucks.

No fear, that misery is now a thing of the past.

Today's review: Saladelia Cafe, American Tobacco District
Website: http://www.saladelia.com/home/


The first time I ever visited Saladelia, it was an epic fail. 

I was going there to meet with someone I'd never met before, so the social anxiety was already dangerously high. I also seem to have developed a somewhat embarrassing sweating problem as of late, and this day in particular I had the most moist palms ever. Safe to say I just wanted a refreshing iced coffee and a place to rest my aching (sweaty)  feet. 

It was 5:00 and I was ready for a snack (or five). But I walked in and.... it.... was... CLOSED. At 5 pm on a weekday?! What in the world, wouldn't that be their most popular hour?! Ugh. 

As upsetting as this experience (or lack thereof) was, I went back today to try again. This time, safely in the morning hours. 

Unlike last time, today I was far from disappointed. My boyfriend and I each tried one of their homemade freshly-squeezed juices, and they were both incredible. I got the Green Monster (cucumber, apple, celery, kale) and Alex got the Delicious Trio (apple, orange, pineapple). They were kind of expensive ($6 each) but we were splurging because we'd walked there and all physical activity deserves a reward, preferably in the form of food/drink. 

They also had the most incredible spread of cafe items like homemade hummus, yummy-looking baked goods, and unreal sandwiches. Oh, and tons of coffee of course. There were only a few gluten-free options, but at this point in my GF life I've sadly come to expect that. 

All is forgiven after the closed-strangely-early debacle of April and I am now fully prepared to move on. 

Next time on Mugshot: Guest blogger Malissa McSwain! 



No comments:

Post a Comment